Ohai Nightcaps Lions Club Charitable Trust
Welcome to the Website of the Ohai / Nightcaps Lions Club Charitable Trust, Southland New Zealand.
Our Society is an independent, non-profit making club based in our community, distributing funds fairly, equitably and quickly for the benefit of our community.
The funds available for distribution to the community have been raised from the profits from the Gaming Machines located at the Railway Hotel, Clapp Street, Nightcaps.
The Lions Club of Ohai / Nightcaps Charitable Trust completes an annual Self Audit to comply with the Department of Internal Affairs Gaming and Censorship Regulation Gaming Compliance Unit.
This Audit checklist reviews the criteria, methods, systems and policies it uses for considering the distribution of net proceeds from class 4 gambling.
(Section G1 Grant Applications and Section G2 Payment of Grants)
Our Trust has consistently passed the required performance checks.
- We will always undertake all communication with integrity, honesty and respect for others
- We will employ the most professional, efficient and cost effective Management team and ensure that they are fully supported, trained and resourced
- We will ensure that our Trustees are all people with recognised community and / or business skills and experience with outstanding reputations, and who are driven by a passion to "make a difference" in our communities
- We will carefully consider all grant applications and treat each fairly and without prejudice
- We will ensure compliance with all statute / legislation
- We will ensure that our venue operator is fully trained and understand their statutory obligations
- We will always endeavour to ensure that our gaming venues are well designed, ventilated and decorated, with ongoing upgrades of gaming machines
- We aim to invest the highest percentage of gaming profits into our community
The Lions Club of Ohai / Nightcaps Charitable Trust meets monthly to consider all funding applications. Decisions are made based on a number of factors including available funds, the merit of the application, the compliance of the application, and the overall community benefit.
Applications submitted in any given month, by the end of the month, will be considered at a meeting of the clubs Directors on the 2nd Monday of the following month. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Net Proceeds are available for authorised purposes at all times.
Applications are now being received
The Lions Club of Ohai / Nightcaps Charitable Trust is now receiving applications for grants to be presented to the Directors at the monthly meetings to be held on the second Monday of every month through all of 2013. Applications must be lodged with a member of the Lions Club of Ohai / Nightcaps Charitable Trust Gaming Machine Committee or received at P.O. Box 6, Nightcaps on the last business day of the previous month, to be considered at the following month’s Directors meeting.
Applications must be completed in accordance with the standard application form which is available from the address below, on the society’s webpage or from the gaming area of the Railway Hotel, Nightcaps.
The Ohai Nightcaps Lions Clubs Directors are responsible for assessing applications for the funds that are raised from the gaming machines.
A full list of the current Trustees, Authorised Persons and Club Board of Directors is on the “About Us” page of this website.